The Greater East Aurora Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations in various categories for their 72nd Annual Business Recognition Awards, Tuesday, September 26th at the Roycroft Inn.
These awards recognize significant contributions to the Greater East Aurora community by businesses, organizations and individuals.
Categories and criteria include:
- “SHOWCASE AWARD” – A Chamber member business that has shown growth in sales or employment and/or has made a significant contribution to their industry and/or has had an impact on the local Greater East Aurora economy.
- “HAPPENING AWARD” – An organization holding an annual event in Greater East Aurora that draws a significant audience, promotes the area and has a positive impact on local businesses.
- “JOURNEY AWARD” – A member business, organization or individual that has played a key role in promoting tourism in Greater East Aurora and/or works as a partner with other local businesses to promote local tourism and/or is a “role model” in the hospitality industry, i.e. customer service, cross promotion, etc.
- “EXCELLENCE IN SERVICE AWARD” – An employee of a member business that exemplifies the highest degree of customer service.
- “VISIONARY AWARD” – A Greater East Aurora business, school, association or individual that promotes student preparation for the workplace by acting as an advocate for workforce development issues, career technology education and the skilled trades and/or plays an active role in partnering with other businesses and schools in supporting career exploration activities, i.e. internships, business tours, mock employment interviews or support of employability portfolios.
- “CIVICS AWARD” – An individual(s) who has contributed significant support to a Greater East Aurora not-for-profit or service club for the betterment of the GEA community and its residents.
- “LEGENDS AWARD” – Representing the Chamber’s Hall of Fame induction that features an individual, business or organization that has had a long standing impact of 50 years or more on the GEA community.
Event Title and Supporting Sponsors include Bene-Care, Fisher-Price, Benderson Development, Bank of Holland, Bright & Brainy Creative Marketing, Marilla Country Store, Surdej Web Solutions, Aurora Audiology & Speech Associates, Aurora Optometric Group, Comfort Funeral Home, Independent Nursing Care, Moog, M&T Bank
Nominations and a brief explanation in support of the nomination are due to the Chamber office at 652 Main St., email@example.com by Monday, August 14th. For further information or questions contact the Chamber office at 652-8444.